Waterwise responded to a select group of WRMPs to help raise ambition on water efficiency. We will be holding a Supporter Only event and launching a report on water efficiency in WRMP19 later in 2018.
The key elements of our response include that we’d like to see:
- greater ambition on water efficiency in the final WRMP. Although a national target has not been set we’d like to see a stretching target for Thames linked to the PCC common performance commitment of at least 110lpd by 2045, and ambitious water efficiency beyond 2030
- a greater range of innovation both in the short term and from 2030 onwards (where the current plan has a supply focus only)
- We want to see Thames Water’s continued engagement in the Water Efficiency Strategy Steering Group and the Leadership Group for Water Efficiency and Participation
- more ambition on metering penetration to 2030
- more innovation in schemes such as stormwater reuse or centralised reuse
- more detail on reducing non-household water use