Blog Post: Thursday November 22, 2018
Policy and Projects Manager
- London, Greater London
- Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week including one hour lunch break each day)
Start date: February
Location: Home-based, working 1 or 2 days a week from shared office in London, with travel costs paid
Annual leave: 25 days per annum plus Bank Holidays
Closing date: 7 December
Interview dates: Early January
Please apply online with a CV together with a one-page supporting statement (CVs alone will not be accepted). Please ensure you fully address the criteria in the person specification.
Waterwise is an independent, not-for-profit UK NGO focused on reducing water consumption in the UK. Our vision is that water is used wisely, every day, everywhere. We support and challenge governments, industry, customers and others to be innovative and ambitious on water efficiency. We are the leading authority on water efficiency in the UK. Our work includes stakeholder engagement, research, events, technological and policy innovation and media. We are funded by Supporters and Affiliates.
We are looking for a Policy and Projects Manager to support our delivery of the Water Efficiency Strategy for the UK. This is a new role in the organisation.
Research Project Manager Person Specification
We need someone who is proactive and a self-starter who has a background in policy and evidence work as well as project management to join our small, high-powered, influential team. The role involves policy and strategy support, project and programme management and delivery as well as stakeholder engagement. It’s a great opportunity to be immersed in the water policy, regulatory and delivery agenda, as well as engage in lots of external meetings.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelors or Masters in environmental science, planning or policy, or equivalent
- Experience in a policy role and with stakeholders
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office programmes: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in supporting delivery of committees/ steering groups, workshops, conferences and events
- Ability to work flexibly and proactively within a small team
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Project management training and experience
- Experience with water efficiency
- Experience within the water sector – water company, consulting, government, regulator, NGO
Research Project Manager Role Description
Reporting to the Director of Policy and Innovation, you will be a key part of the team supporting and delivering research projects and the wider work programme at Waterwise. You will also be expected to draw upon your own experience to suggest ideas for new projects and develop these with support of your line manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working on discrete research projects as and when they arrive including project management and communication both internally and externally to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Supporting policy development, consultation responses and the delivery of Waterwise’s Water Efficiency Strategy for the UK
- Secretariat for the Waterwise Retail Leadership Group on Water Efficiency – supporting Chairs, agenda and research to write papers
- Working with our communications and marketing team to provide content for blogs, trade media and press
- Assisting the team on various projects, events and core work, especially providing advice and support on policy and evidence
- Attending and speaking at conferences, seminars and meetings to represent Waterwise
- Manage the Waterwise Checkmark scheme for products, services and buildings
- Other tasks and duties may arise.
Please send you application to Stella.email@example.com