Save the date for Waterwise 2021 Digital Conference
Save the date for this year’s Waterwise Conference ‘Mainstreaming water efficiency: averting a UK water crisis’, which will be held digitally from 15th to 19th March 2021.
This event is kindly sponsored by South West Water.
Reflecting the critical role of water efficiency in both mitigating and adapting to the climate emergency, as well as to the environment and right across society and the economy, we’re pushing at this conference for it to take its rightful place in the heart of those discussions!
Conference sessions will look at the role of Ambition, Housing, People and Comms, Business, Energy and Net Zero, and Environment in Mainstreaming Water Efficiency. Sessions will last two hours, from 10am – 12 noon on Monday to Friday plus 1 – 3pm on Thursday.
As well as key contributions from water companies across the UK, we are delighted to announce a wide variety of high-level speakers, including
- Tom Andrewartha – Chair, Water and Energy Task and Finish Group, UK Water Efficiency Strategy Steering Group
- David Black – Chief Regulation Officer, Ofwat
- Harvey Bradshaw – Executive Director for Environment and Business, Environment Agency
- Emma Clancy – Chief Executive, Consumer Council for Water
- Christine Colvin – Director for Partnerships and Communications, The Rivers Trust
- Jess Cook – Project Development Manager (Water Poverty), National Energy Action
- Susan Davy – Chief Executive, South West Water
- James Gibbard – Head of Sales, Methven
- Barry Grieg – Senior Policy Advisor, Scottish Government
- Tom Heap – Science, environment and rural affairs broadcaster, on Countryfile, Costing the Earth and Panorama
- Noelene Keane – Freelance Energy Consultant
- Christine McGourty – Chief Executive, Water UK
- Sarah McMath – Chief Executive, MOSL
- Maria Manidaki – Net Zero Lead/Principal Water Investment Planner, Mott MacDonald
- Kate Marx – Campaigns and Social Research Manager, Waterwise
- Alison Murphy – Water Strategy Manager, SES Water
- Luke Pollard MP – Shadow Environment Secretary
- Niki Roach- President, Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management
- Stuart Roberts – Deputy President, National Farmers Union
- Senior speaker – Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Senior speaker – Natural Resources Wales
- Alan Sutherland – Chief Executive, Water Industry Commission for Scotland
- Tracey Teague – Acting CEO, Northern Ireland Environment Agency
- Andrew Tucker – Chair, Leaky Loos Task and Finish Group, UK Water Efficiency Strategy Steering Group
and session chairs including Baroness Brown of Cambridge – Deputy Chair, Climate Change Committee and Chair, Adaptation Committee; Peter Davies – Chair, Welsh Water’s Customer Challenge Group, Wales Council for Voluntary Action and the Size of Wales charity; Daniel Johns – Chair, UK Water Efficiency Strategy Steering Group; Karma Loveday – Waterwise Board Member and Editor, The Water Report; Rose O’Neill – Waterwise Board Member and Principal Scientist (People and Nature), Natural England
… with more to be announced, so watch this space!
Tickets are free for all Waterwise Supporters, higher tier Affiliates, government and regulatory stakeholders. All Supporters and higher tier Affiliates have been sent an invitation with links to register for free. All other delegate tickets are just £50 plus VAT. (If you are a government or regulatory stakeholder, please contact [email protected] for your free space.)
If you would like to join the Waterwise family and become a Supporter, contact [email protected]
Book your tickets asap before they sell out as they did last year!
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the 2021 Waterwise Conference.