Waterwise teamed up with a number of UK water companies and Rango to help save the most precious stuff on earth - water!
Take a town called Dirt, add the voices of Johnny Depp as Rango and Ray Winstone as an evil gang member and you get a delightful animated film with a strong water-saving message. The film, directed by Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean), scored an impressive 88% on Rotten Tomatoes.
The campaign, involved almost a dozen water companies, and saw the opportunity to deliver water saving messages through the animated film, giveaways and promotions on the water company websites.
Our communications manager Ryan was at the Rango premiere.
Rango's top water saving tips!
- Be a cool chameleon like me and keep a jug of water in your county fridge - you won't need to run your taps until the water turns cool!
- Wash the dust away with a short shower instead of a bath and save approx 45 litres of water!
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth - for the brightest smile in town - and save 6 litres of water!
- Washing clothes or dishes? Get your machines fully loaded and save between 11-32 litres of water!
- Put a hippo in your loo, not a lizard - it helps save water with every flush. Save 2 litres of water every time!