All entry forms received before or on 30 June 2012 will be considered for the awards. Judging will take place in July and entrants will be notified of decisions by the end of August.
For each category there was one Winner and one Runner-up, except for the Environment Agency Chairman’s Award, which was given to one Winner.
Our esteemed and expert judges used a transparent scoring scale, set by the Environment Agency and Waterwise, to make their decisions. The panel considered the extent to which projects demonstrated noteworthy achievements in the following areas: immediate outcomes, partnership and collaboration, dissemintation, and legacy.
In addition, projects were considered for overall merit within each category. Tiebreakers were made by Rt Hon Lord Smith of Finsbury.
The following judges will assess entries into all categories, with the exception of the Environment Agency Chairman's Award:
- Prof Alan Alexander, Chair of the Board of Directors, Waterwise
- Ian Barker, Head of Water, Land and Biodiversity, Environment Agency
- Simon Jones, Sales Director, Bosch Home Appliances UK
- Steve Lee, Chief Executive, Methven UK
- Prof Adrian McDonald, Professor of Environmental Management, University of Leeds
- Arlin Rickard, Chief Executive, The Rivers Trust
- Pamela Taylor, Chief Executive, Water UK
- Dr Lorraine Whitmarsh, Fellow in Environmental Psychology, Cardiff University
Some categories had additional judges:
- Built Environment: no additional judge
- Business and Industry: Tony McHardy, General Manager – Sales & Marketing, Business Stream
- Campaigns and Education: no additional judge
- Community-led Initiative: John Bourne, Deputy Director for Water Supply and Infrastructure, Water Availability and Quality Programme, Defra
- Environment Agency Chairman's Award: Rt Hon Lord Smith of Finsbury, Chairman of the Environment Agency
- Farming and Horticulture: John Evans, Advisor to the Kettle Foods Board, Kettle Chips
- Innovation: no additional judge
- Landscape and Gardening: Bernard Shannon, Managing Director, Hozelock
- Research and Evaluation: Marian Spain, Senior Director of Policy and Communications, Ofwat
- Exemplar Project in Northern Ireland: Graham Smith, Acting Head of Water, The Consumer Council for Northern Ireland
- Exemplar Project in Scotland: Trisha McAuley, Deputy Director, Consumer Focus Scotland
- Exemplar Project in Wales: Prys Davies, Head of Energy, Water and Flood Division, Welsh Government